Thursday, January 10, 2008

Embrace

So I have finally chosen a word for the year - Embrace. This word has been such a great reminder to me. When I have been feeling negative, frustrated and overwhelmed I remind myself to embrace the moment for I will not get it back.

Right in the realms of embracing Preston and I have decided to dedicate an evening a week to read through and work on the Raising your spirited child workbook by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka http://www.parentchildhelp.com/. We had our first "session" this week and how insightful for both of us! We spent a good couple of hours and made it through only a couple of pages. I want to embrace each of my children's differences and work with them - I really think this book is going to help!

And I am going to Embrace the opportunity I have found in running my own business. I am in such a busy stage of my life and know the business can overwhelm me but there are changes coming. One will be a move to the mall. Keep posted for more details to come!

Today I have been watching my children playing together. Using their imaginations, being kind and helpful to one another - what an amazingly easy day to embrace! Here they are playing having dinner by candlelight!



Sorry for the overuse of the word but I'm sure you will hear A LOT of it in 2008!

No comments: